Running a business can be draining, and It’s important to keep your passion alive to fuel your purpose.
Use these seven strategies consistently to keep your passion alive:
- Keep in mind that success breeds more success. Celebrate your small victories. Build momentum and share them with others who appreciate you, so that they can help you create bigger ones! Make a list of all the things on your to-do list because we’re sure there are more items than what may be checked off right now too.
- Find your tribe. If you’re looking for a tight-knit community to support your mission, connecting with others is the way to go. It’s not always easy finding peers who have similar interests and goals as yourself but it can be very rewarding when you do. Asking questions about how they got started in their business field or what challenges they’ve faced will help them feel more appreciated which leads this engagement leading into more passion! Plus even some healthy competition could motivate each other so try approaching any situation like that head on instead of being too timid where one party may eventually take over completely without anyone else knowing better than themselves.
- Revisit your goal and action steps to assess your progress. When it seems to take forever to complete a step toward your goal, remind yourself of the journey. Sometimes chunking the steps into even smaller elements can really help you feel like you’re making progress and see that in real time. When we measure our goals using milestones or checkpoints along with an end date, then each day is more manageable because every accomplishment brings us closer towards success!
- Goals and actions should be a stretch, but attainable. In order to maintain your motivation, it’s important not to set yourself up for failure. Instead of hitting a brick wall on day one and then giving up, break the task into smaller parts that will be more manageable. This way you can feel accomplished every time you finish an action step!
- Find external reminders of why you do what you do. Live with purpose! Call, email, or visit someone who benefits from your mission or someone who could benefit. Seeing and talking to others that share in the same values as you are is always inspiring to both parties involved.
- Stay up-to-date on the success of those who do similar work. You’ll never know how far your voice could reach if you don’t give it a try. You can do this by setting up Google alerts or reading the blogs and newsletters of others with similar missions. But that’s not all! When one person succeeds, they often open doors for others too so celebrate their progress as well – just like we have right here in the passage above about celebrating our success while opening new possibilities to learn from each other through these milestones.
- Remember to feed the body and soul right. To keep a sharp focus and sound mind, it’s important to tend to your body and soul. Remember to eat, sleep, and move so you have the physical energy necessary for staying on course. Replenish your soul in any way that works best – just do it regularly!